Tuesday, March 24, 2015

January 29, 2015

 I am in a Beth Moore Bible study with some ladies and one thing from the lesson Sunday has been swirling and churning in my brain all week....it is in the story of Moses....it is in Exodus 33. I have read this story so many times, but I never got it this way. This is the part after Moses comes down with the 10 commandments and finds the people doing much wrong. He goes and talks to God and God tells him that he (God) is going to give him everything he has been promised--everything he has ever wanted--perfection--BUT God will not go with him because he is so angry with the wicked people that he is afraid he will destroy them if he goes with them. Moses tells him absolutely not...that if he has to go without God he will not go. It has been swirling around in my brain--what would I do given that choice? In my heart of hearts I want to be married--in a healthy marriage--to someone who will love me the way I love people. That is a big request and it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me maybe. So...if God gave me the choice of here is a fantastic marriage for you with all the love and happiness you can imagine but I won't be there...would I choose God? Would I be willing to remain single forever if that is what he asks of me? I say yes, but honestly there is this human fleshy part of me that just wants that so badly. I love that the Bible--written so long ago can challenge me today. It only drives me closer to Him (God). Guess why we call it the living word.

No comments:

Post a Comment