Sunday, March 3, 2013

How Often Do We Grieve Things That Are Not Ours?

I have been thinking about this....How often do we grieve something that is not even ours in the first place?  It could be a job, a relationship, or something else.....I don't know if this is a girl thing, or a guy thing, or maybe an everyone thing...Maybe it's even just a Chelle thing!  I know that I personally get something in my head...It could be a job that I want or a guy that I think I want to move foreward in a relationship with or so many other things....I find myself upset and the bottom line is that those things were never mine.  How do you grieve something you never had?  Putting it in this perspective has really helped me.  When I get it in my head that those things were never mine in the first place, somehow it makes it easier to just let go.  Why do we hold onto all of these desires?  Do we not trust that God will give us what we need when we need it?  Do we always need to get our way or be in control...I like to think that I am in control...I like to plan out my life and get really disappointed and upset when things do not go the way I think they should...but then I remember that I am just like the small child who maybe wants candy or some other thing that is not good for them....Sometimes it is ok to be told no.  Sometimes that is really the best possible outcome for a situation.  Sometimes there is something better just around the corner...oh to just be patient and trust and wait.  That sounds so easy, but it is not EVER....I am working on it.  I suppose that all you can do is try each day to understand better and to try to be better than the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment