Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's not all about me.....

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to help someone that needed it.  I offered to help kind of on a whim, not really knowing what exactly was needed....but once I got there I saw that I could do alot more than what I first intended.  After I left, it hit me that in the past few months I have been very focused on myself and my problems and not so much on others.  I am guessing that if you asked other people, they would say that I have still been doing alot to help others....but it just isn't enough.  A few months ago, I lost my full time job.  I scrambled and was fortunate to find three part time jobs that total about 80 hours a week of work and pay sort of close to what I brought home before.  But, my hours are wierd and they fluctuate and I am not guaranteed most of them.  It is sort of a day by day thing.....so I have spent countless hours looking for work and worrying that I won't have enough hours and re-doing my budget over and over.  I have worried and worried and planned and planned.  The fact of the matter is though, that it doesn't matter how much I plan or worry.  God is meeting my family's needs and he is providing what we need when we need it.  I have realized...again....that I need to just truly trust him.  I need to spend more time focusing on the needs of those around me and how I can affect them.  I need to spend my time looking for ways to serve.  The world will say that I have done nothing wrong and that I need to be pro-active and that I am helping "enough", but it isn't true....God tells us not to worry and that he cares for us and will meet our needs....and he does.  I am thankful for the wake up call yesterday and the opportunity to help in a very tangible way.  I WILL re-adjust my focus and TRUST that God has all of this under control.  And, I will SERVE as much as I possibly can.  It brings me joy and I think that has been missing in my life for a little while....
Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart and lean NOT on your OWN understanding.  In ALL of your ways acknowledge HIM and he WILL make your path straight.....Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment