Monday, May 28, 2012

Mission Trip to Brazil

One week from today, I will be getting on a plane and heading to Brazil with 10 other people.  We will be on this boat for 10 days on the Amazon River doing medical work with villages along the river.  I am so excited about this trip, I can hardly wait.  I have gotten my vaccinations (lots of them), and my prescriptions for the trip.  I got my passport (first ever) and my Visa for Brazil.  I am feeling a bit nervous and guilty about being away from my kids for such a long time.  I have never been away from them for more than a few days.  That will likely be the most difficult part for me.  I am also a little nervous about my health.  I have asthma and recently had some serious allergy problems, but I feel prepared as best as I can be.   I have read all of the journals from people who have taken this trip before me.  It has been really neat to read about their experiences and try to imagine what mine will be.  I am going with an open mind and open heart.  I know this trip will change me as a person and I hope that I am able to be a real blessing to others.  I have much to do to get ready....so I will post more after my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment